One of our greatest joys is traveling through vast swaths of wilderness untouched by man with our sled dogs during the winter months. Being alone with your team in these wild landscapes is humbling. It both strengthens and tests you and the bond you have with your dog team.
Turning Heads Kennel was founded on a vision of sharing these remarkable wilderness places and the incredible bond we develop with our dogs with visitors from around the world who appreciate quality, small-group trips.
Because of this, sustainability and environmental stewardship have always been at the heart of how we choose to not only operate our kennel and our business but also how we choose to live our lives.
What are we doing at Turning Heads Kennel?
Kennel Feeding Program
- We have developed partnerships to reduce food waste by feeding left-over meat from local businesses to our dogs when appropriate.
- We actively accept donations of fat trimmings from hunters
- When accepting donations of freezer burnt meat from the local community
- We have partnered with the local fish weir to process all excess fish for dog food.
- We provide recycling bins for our guests to use.
- We have water bottle refilling stations at our offices.
- We support local businesses and communities whenever possible.
- We set company-wide sustainable practices for staff.
- We use energy-efficient practices wherever possible