When you love someone, you take great care of them and ensure they receive the highest quality care. Our dog care program is the foundation of our success. We take tremendous pride in the care we take of our dogs.
Our dog care program takes an inherently proactive approach to both injury and illness prevention through the use of:
- A routine vaccination and worming schedule
- Regular vet check-ups
- A high-quality diet catered to the individual dog and based on exercise levels, environmental factors, and metabolism
- Vitamin and other dietary supplements
- Preventative massage and myofascial trigger-point-release therapy
- Four-season dog houses designed to withstand the Alaskan elements, including the use of straw as extra insulation.
When needed, our dogs receive prompt medical treatment to address any medical issues that arise. In addition to traditional medical treatment, we have also used acupuncture, laser therapy, and chiropractic adjustments on our sled dogs. Our sled dogs are canine Olympians and receive the highest standard of care.
Additionally, we strictly adhere to the guidelines set forth by the International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association as well as those recommended by our kennel veterinarians.
We have also written numerous articles regarding sled dog care and encourage that you read them. Please visit our Sled Dog Care Part 1 and Sled Dog Care Part 2 for a more comprehensive look at how we take care of our sled dogs. In many of our educational pieces on mushing, there is additional information on how we care for our sled dogs.